Wednesday, December 1, 2010


While running these workshops in Massachusetts, I've been working with Meridith, an improviser and actor who I used to perform with years ago in Chicago before she moved to Denver.

Meridith: It's good to see you!
Me: It's good to see you! It's been, what? At least five years. More?
Meridith: I heard you got married, congratulations.
Me: You as well.
Meridith: Now... did you marry... the same... was it the girl you were...
Me: [laugh] No. Not the same girl. Different girl.
Meridith: Ah. [laughs] I thought so. Because that was a long time ago. But hey, I'm not married to the same person I was married to then, either! So...
Me: We've both had some bumps in the road since we last saw each other.
Meridith: Some.
Me: But we're doing great now!
Meridith: We're doing great now!

No comments: