Tuesday, February 22, 2011


Another part of the not-a-lot-of-flowers thing, involved this brooch bouquet. Sarah collected cool looking brooches and had them made into a bouquet. Very cool.

Sarah: [seeing me looking at this picture on my laptop] Are you going to blog about my bridal folly?
Me: What do you mean?
Sarah: The bouquet. And how it ended up costing a lot more than... uh...
Me: So, wait, we didn't save money by not having flowers?
Sarah: I became obsessed with it, and when it started to become apparent that it was going to cost more than I thought... I just couldn't let it go. I put some of my own, non-budgeted money into it.
Me: How much?
Sarah: Oh... I will never tell you.

We didn't do the whole throwing-the-bouquet thing. For one it would have just shattered, sending dozens of brooches flying everywhere, and second, apparently it was a little too expensive for that sort of thing.

We still have it, as a lovely heirloom, sitting on a shelf.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bouquet is lovely and could be passed down to relatives or friends! I love that idea, and costing a little extra is no big deal if you get to hang onto it forever.

Can you share who made the brooches into a bouquet?

Walking Into Pictures said...

Yes! Here is the website of the florist in Portland who constructed the bouquet. I've been told if your "DIY-ey" you can do it yourself. But I'm not. So I sent it to a pro.

http://www.studiodelfiore.com/blog/

Megan said...

One day I will steal that from your apartment and make it my own!!