Friday, February 25, 2011


Our first dance.

We never did go back for more dance lessons. Never mastered the waltz. So we went with the classic swaying back and forth, slowly turning in a circle, while patient guests looked on.

We had a hard time picking a song, but went with "Ugly Love" by Eels. A song that is a little bit funny, but also deeply heartfelt. One of our favorite combinations.

"Dear cousin,
I got your letter
It was more than i thought i deserved
Well she sounds perfect, all i dream of
And i dream about so much it is absurd
But when i get there and she sees me
I'll be impressed if she does not run screaming

"My kind of love is an ugly love
But it's real and it lasts a long, long time

"I had a thought while i was sleeping
And I dreamed about a place for us to rest
Eternity under the old oak tree
But i go too far i guess
Maybe I'll think about tomorrow
And maybe i can get her to stay that long

"'cause my kind of love is an ugly love
But it's real and it lasts a long, long time

"And if she finds me so repulsive
She wouldn't be the first to wretch
Well i decided one day long ago
I was never gonna be the greatest catch
And if she cares about the car i drive
Then she can get in hers
The moment i arrive

"'cause my kind of love is an ugly love
But it's real and it lasts a long, long time"

No comments: