Thursday, October 14, 2010


Wedding Memory Number One:

The morning of the wedding I took a swim in the hotel pool and somehow scraped my hands across the bottom. I ducked my head under for a moment, pushed my arms out into the breast stroke, and dragged the tops of my hands across the weirdly jagged pool floor.

I stared at my hands, unbelieving, for a few minutes, at the blood pouring out of the three big chunks of missing flesh. Shit.

I asked the woman at the front desk for some Band Aids.

Woman: Oh my. Well I hope you're not doing anything today where people will be looking at your hands.
Me: Uh...

A few hours later when I walked through the lobby in a tux, she just looked at me with surprise.

Nick took this picture of me with his phone, just a few minutes before I headed over to the chapel. I was worried and I felt stupid.

Leading up to the wedding there had been a number of jokes about Glynn hurting himself at Megan and Alex's wedding and we all speculated about whether there would be any "glynnjuries" at our wedding. It wasn't until weeks after our wedding day that I realized it was me. I was the one that was glynnjured.

No comments: