Saturday, October 30, 2010


Last night, looking for a fun Halloween weekend thing to do, I went to see a midnight screening of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' at the Music Box with Sarah (and Megan and Alex).

I hadn't seen the movie in over a decade but I used to love going when I was in college, yelling things at the screen and throwing toilet paper and toast.

Rice doesn't get thrown at weddings anymore, and it seems it doesn't get thrown at 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' anymore either. It's been replaced by confetti.

The common wedding explanation for not using rice is that birds eat it and it expands and explodes in their stomach (not true, by the way), but I'm pretty sure there aren't any birds in the Music Box Theater. It must just be a huge pain to clean up.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I don't really get how it can be any harder to sweep up then confetti is. I am still cleaning confetti out of my GD purse!