Sunday, October 10, 2010


Evan and Shama's wedding.

I work with Evan. He's a very talented (several things including) musician and sang and played guitar at my wedding.

I offered to help out with their wedding in any way they needed, to pay him back, but they already had a small army of friends and family helping out.

During Shama's vows she said, "The first time I saw Evan, he was riding around on a purple tandem bicycle... by himself."

During Evan's vows he talked about how they went to the court house to officially get married ("although this is very nice") and how they sat quietly in a room in the basement with four other couples, waiting to get married. "I don't thank any of the couples there spoke the same language. The first couple came out quietly, having just been married, and left. Shama said, 'This doesn't seem right. I think... I think there should be clapping.' And when the next couple came out... she started clapping. And then I joined in, and the other people joined in too. The couple seemed a little confused at first, a bunch of strangers clapping for them, but then they smiled. Shama was right. There should be clapping."

1 comment:

thea said...

You have a knack for catching that first instance where someone is playing with their ring after they're first married.