Thursday, September 30, 2010


As I mentioned before, it was the slow season in Costa Rica during our honeymoon, so when we went out on our all-day Adventure Tour (beginning with zip lining), it was just us and one other woman.

We spent the day with Mellissa, a woman from Atlanta on what she called a "closure tour."

Mellissa: I was supposed to get married in Costa Rica a year ago. So, I decided to come down here by myself and try to find some closure.
Sarah: I see.
Mellissa: Yeah, you get it. Women get it. Although you may not.
Me: I think I get it.
Mellissa: Men don't seem so big on closure. Women say they want closure and men say good luck with that.

I don't know if Mellissa found what she was looking for in Costa Rica, but she seemed to have a good day zip lining and tubing. When things got especially intense or scary or exciting, zooming through the trees or crashing through the rapids, she would laugh and yell out, "Closure! CLOSURE!"

No comments: