Friday, March 25, 2011


The more time passes, the harder it is to remember any of it. And not that much time has passed. Maybe I should have blogged about all of this stuff much sooner after the ceremony, before it all started to drift away.

One of the saddest losses is Sarah’s grandfather’s toast. Neither of us can seem to remember beyond the fact that he made fun of the gong.

Sarah: I remember the feeling of it. But there were a lot of historical facts. I don't remember those. It was really awesome.
Me: What was the feeling of it?
Sarah: That it was funny and that he's funny, but our funnies are different funnies but that that's okay and we both think the other is funny.
Me: I remember it as feeling… wry.
Sarah: Yes, fine. Wry. I don’t know what that means but I agree.

We have video of the ceremony. And one of Sarah’s uncles told us a while back that he shot a video of the toasts, so we may get a copy of that eventually, but, “I didn’t record Pa’s speech. I don’t know what I was thinking. So, I don’t have that one. Maybe… someone has it? I don’t know who, but maybe?”

Maybe.

No comments: