Thursday, March 17, 2011


One of the exercises I do at physical therapy is the Stool Scoot. They wrap about 10 pounds of ankle weights to the bottom of one of these doctor's stools and I sit on it and, using just one leg, pull myself all the way around the gym. Extend leg, set foot down, pull myself forward. Extend leg, set foot down, pull myself forward. Like most of the exercises it starts off very easy but then gets harder and harder.

While pulling myself around the circuit of the gym, I tend to imagine than I'm trying to get away from a serial killer. You know, I've been tied to chair and can only use one leg to escape. Extend leg, set foot down, pull myself forward.

I mentioned this to some of the people that work there. They were mildly amused, but didn't laugh. Maybe they don't like being associated with torture horror. Which is fair. I did later notice one of the receptionists testing one of the stools out, possibly testing out the scenario.

Anyway, that was the thought I shared. I also thought that "Stool Scoot" sounds like a euphemism for diarrhea, but i kept that one to myself.

No comments: