Monday, April 18, 2011


I was asked to write and perform a piece for The Paper Machete, a live magazine show in town, or, as they call it, "a salon in a saloon." Since Shakespeare's birthday and deathday are coming up, I came up with a little essay about Hamlet's "To be or not to be" soliloquy, and how we've probably referenced it to death ("... that undiscovered country").

It's been a while since I wrote something that wasn't a funny trivia question or a medium-funny blog entry. It seemed to go over well.

You can give it a listen over at the Paper Machete's website.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Your piece was really good. You approached the soliloquy from an angle that had me like "why didn't I think of that first?" I could see it being published it was that good. Kudos, Arnie,

Jennifer said...

I listened to your Shakespeare piece through the Stupid Nerd podcast, and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I agree with the commenter above -- definitely publishable!

Arnie said...

Thanks guys.