Tuesday, April 5, 2011


This is the apartment building where Young and I lived before Sarah and I moved in together.

Longtime readers of my blogs may remember that there was a crappy open storefront beneath us, then it became the "Mini Flea," a sort of misguided used furniture store that looked like someone shoved a bunch of dingy furniture into a room and called it a store. A dry erase board out front read, "Free Hot Dog All Day." It didn't last long. The "Grand Opening" banner was still up when it closed down. After that it became the home of the local Chamber of Commerce.

Young: I went by there this weekend, and you know where the Mini Flea used to be? It's now the Chicago Tea Party headquarters.

So it goes.

I drove by the new "Mini Tea" today to see for myself and it somehow looks even more slapdash than that resale shop ever did.

No comments: