Sunday, April 17, 2011


Stonelake and Aileen at our wedding. They're getting married later this year.

Back before I picked wood for my ring, Stonelake and I were both part of an online conversation about ring materials.

Stonelake: I was actually thinking tungsten, but then I heard that emergency rooms can't cut it off you if you catch your hand in something, which I am constantly doing. The issue is that if you futz up your fingers, like when I crashed my bike last spring and my fingers went in all directions and dislocated and broke everywhere, then your hand swells up and if the ER docs can't cut off your ring you might lose your finger.

I'd hear this rumor as well. I did a little internet research and it's widely believed to be true, but apparently isn't. At least that's what the tungsten-selling people say.

No comments: