Monday, April 11, 2011


Sarah's taking a class on writing teleplays, TV scripts. She turned in her first assignment, which was to write an opening death scene for the show, 'Six Feet Under.'

She printed it out on left over fancy paper from our wedding.

Sarah: I'm thinking about writing an opening where you die.
Me: Uh... okay.
Sarah: It has to be somebody.
Me: Why don't you write one where you die, since you already took that class about coming to terms with your own mortality.
Sarah: No. What if I killed you off in every script I wrote? So, I'd write an episode of 'Dexter' where he kills you. Or an episode of 'House' where you're a patient who dies. How would you feel about that.
Me: How would I feel? I guess I'd feel like you were working out some pent up aggression.

She ended up writing a scene where an old woman dies after discovering her dog has died from eating chocolate.

Sarah: I killed off my great grandmother, who did kill my dog with chocolate, but she's already dead, so it's okay.

No comments: