Monday, June 14, 2010


One more picture from Chris's wedding.

I wish I could have gone, to take it all in, but it's just too expensive a year for a trip like that.

So much of it sounds really interesting. In this picture you can sort of see the elaborate henna drawings Nimi had on her hands and arms.

Chris: I had to find my name hidden in the lines. I had no idea it was going to be that hard. And it wasn't all together, you know, my name, Chris, written out, I had to find each separate letter. C's and S's are hard to find!

The ceremony ended with the two of them walking around a fire four times. Three times he led and then the last time she led.

Chris: I don't want to say it was anti-climatic, but you're used to a ceremony where you say "I do" and she says, "I do" and then they say you're married. There wasn't a moment like that. We walked around the fire and Nimi whispered to me, "We're married now." I was like, "Oh. Okay. Awesome. We're married."

No comments: