Monday, June 7, 2010


This morning, Sarah told me about a nightmare she had, probably inspired partially by watching 'The Road' and partially by a vampire class she's taking soon for school.

Sarah: We were in the suburbs, trying to survive a vampire apocalypse. But you got bitten. You were lying on the driveway, dying, and you asked us to kill you before you turned into a vampire. I laid down next to you, and hugged you and you said, "How beautiful." Then my uncle snapped your neck. A couple of days passed and I was holed up in my old house with my family and your body was in the driveway. Every day I had to look out the window to make sure no vampires were coming, but I'd just look at your body.
Me: Sad.
Sarah: The upside to my dream was that I was a really fast runner. I remember being impressed with myself when I was running away from the vampires. Like "Whoa, I can run really fast. I must be in awesome shape."

4 comments:

crabbydad said...

Arnie -- stay away from Sarah's uncle.

Jon said...

Don't you have to drink a vampire's blood to become a vampire and not simply get bitten? Or was this a mutant vampire where bites turn you like they do with zombies?

PS. my word verification word is "arinonro" which is pretty close to arnie.

Walking Into Pictures said...

I think my dream was heavily inspired by Daybreakers.

Anonymous said...

Vampire class?! Explain!