Sunday, June 13, 2010


Hung out with my friend Meador.

We talked about wedding music, how Sarah and I are going to bypass having a DJ altogether and just make our own playlists.

Meador: I recently had to save a wedding from the DJ. No one was dancing. He kept playing all these mash-ups. I get what he was trying to do, "these are two songs that people like, I'll play them at the same time," but it was not working. I went up to him and said, "Look, you have to play a Michael Jackson song NOW. Any Michael Jackson song. But it has to be next." And he did. And people started dancing. And he seemed to get the idea after that. Wedding saved.

[By the way, Meador didn't feel like having his picture taken so he hid behind this exercise ball.]

Meador: Oh, and guess what Michael Jackson song he played.
Sarah: Thriller.
Meador: Yep. Thriller. So it wasn't as much of a win as it could have been. But it was FINE. It worked. People did the Thriller dance.

No comments: