Thursday, June 3, 2010


A high percentage of the invitation reply cards have come back marked "able" to attend. In fact all of them were marked that way until we made the joke, "It looks like everyone's coming to our wedding."

Then the very next card we opened, from my friends Brett and Natasha in Los Angeles, was marked "unable." Then the card after that, from my old Whirled News castmate, Haskins, also in L.A., was another "unable." Things aren't looking good for having any California guests.

The reply cards all have a space set aside for guests to offer two song suggestions for our reception. Only about half the responses so far have come back with songs written in, but 100% of the people who won't be there have definite ideas about what we should play.

Brett and Natasha wrote, "Even though we will not be there (and will be heartbroken about it) I SINCERELY hope you don't hold it against us, and therefore honor the request to play: Jessie's Girl. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!"

Haskins wrote, "Sara Smile by Hall and Oates (Gross! I know!) Ice Ice Baby. I DEMAND these are played in my absence."

No comments: