Monday, June 21, 2010


Lunch with my friend Nick. I stood in his wedding... seven years ago. Wow, it doesn't seem that long ago.

We talked about some of my top secret wedding plans. Entertainment, etc.

Nick: When you talk about your wedding, it makes you sound like a king. Having people perform for your amusement.
Me: It does sort of sound like that, doesn't it.

And we talked about weddings we'd each been to over the years.

Nick: I was at a wedding recently where something strange happened during the speeches. The bridesmaid stood up and gave an Irish toast and really knocked it out of the park. Then, right after, the father of the bride got up, fumbled through some things, it wasn't going very well, and then just launched into the same Irish toast. The same one that we'd just heard two seconds ago. I don't know if he wasn't paying attention or if that was just what he'd rehearsed and thought, "I've gotta do it! It's all I got!" It was really weird. Toasts can be tricky.

1 comment:

Arnie said...

Nick: About 25% of the pictures on your blogs take place at California Pizza Kitchen, don't they?
Me: It seems like it.