Friday, June 4, 2010


Sarah bought some clothes for the wedding. Bras, etc. (Am I supposed to buy special wedding underwear?)

Sarah: Do you know what Spanks are?
Me: Generally.
Sarah: I tried some on for the first time today. They're terrible. Oh my god. They make you the meat in a sausage casing. It hurt. A lot. I literally almost broke my finger. It got caught under the waistband and it hurt so much I screamed. I'm not exaggerating.
Me: That sounds terrible.
Sarah: I told a friend that I've never worn Spanks before and she couldn't believe it. She says "everybody" wears Spanks. Oh, and she said every time she wears them... the squeezing gives her explosive diarrhea.
Me: Every time?
Sarah: Every time. I don't want that. No Spanks. Fuck Spanks.
Me: Fuck Spanks.
Sarah: I mean... I'll probably end up wearing them, but still...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell her to check out the Target brand, Assets. Same general idea, not as intense, and much cheaper. And a funnier name.

OR

You can get in on the fun too: http://www.spanx.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3955558&clickid=topnav_men_txt

Arnie said...

Oh no! Man Spanx!

nora leona said...

I can't remember where I heard this, but I love it: I'm feeling hot - like they're undressing me with their eyes and not finding Spanx.

And Brianna's right - the Target brand is much cheaper and not as Spanx-y.