Friday, August 6, 2010


Sarah: [via gchat] Is there a way you could write a post subtly hinting that women should not wear high heels and should bring sweaters to the wedding on your blog? Or just tell people I made you write a blog post about it. I don't care.
Me: Okay.
Sarah: Just get the word out!

Edited to add: Basically the ground sinks a little bit and we'll be outside all night so maybe it's a good idea not to wear "your best heels and maybe some would be more comfortable in flats, wedges; basically something that won't possibly sink and make you uncomfortable. "

2 comments:

Arnie said...

Here's what Sarah wrote on our wedsite on the matter:

"Hello ladies (and some of the dudes),

"Arnie and I were at [the venue] this past weekend taking a last look at the grounds and the chapel before the big day. I was wearing heels and noticed that I sunk a little if I stood for more than a minute or so.

"So! My advice is break out those wedges or flats, and maybe leave the Jimmy Choos at home. You'll be on grass for a good portion of the night and there will be some walking to different parts of the venue, although not too much.

"While we're at it, I'd suggest bringing a sweater or pashmina for the evening. We'll be outside all night and it may get a little chilly when the sun goes down.

"Alright, if I don't stop now I'll end up offering you a Werthers candy and asking you to rub my feet. Good day!"

Mrs. Jarcy said...

Where was Sarah a year ago when I was ill-prepared for a similar wedding and reception? Award for most considerate bride-to-be goes to her hands down.