Wednesday, August 25, 2010


Friend and fellow improviser, Eckart, just got engaged to his longtime girlfriend.

Eckart: We own a house together now. I know I'm doing things in the wrong order but it seemed like a good idea.

Here he is pointing to the hand where a ring would or will go. I think that's what he's doing. Without the lady, there's really not much to take a picture of when a guy gets engaged. Nothing new to see yet, outwardly at least.

Eckart told the story of going out to a nice dinner with his girlfriend about a year into their relationship. Whoever had sat at their table before them had left a Tiffany's bag under the seat. His girlfriend found the bag, opened it, opened the ring box inside... and found it empty. Ouch.

Eckart: So when I decided to propose I took her out to the same restaurant, I went and got a Tiffany's bag...
Me: Was the ring from Tiffany's?
Eckart: No, no... it was... no, but that's not important. So, I put the ring in the bag and when she went to the bathroom I slipped it under her chair. When she came back she immediately said, "I can see that through the meshing on the chair." Oh well, what are you going to do? It still turned out pretty good.

I just noticed he's pointing to the wrong hand in the picture.

1 comment:

Tab Parker said...

Most dudes I know think the ring goes on the right hand. Why is that?