Saturday, August 7, 2010


Shane, like Trupe, needed a new invite. Even though I see him most Saturdays at Whirled News (minus all the shows I've had to miss for wedding stuff), I keep forgetting to bring him one.

Shane: I was starting to think you didn't want me there.

My second favorite all time wedding moment happened at Shane's wedding several years back. Well... maybe "favorite" isn't the right word. Or maybe I should say my second favorite wedding story came from his wedding.

Several people gave speeches at Shane's reception. When it was his grandfather's turn, he stood up and said, "Shane and I have had a falling out ever since he decided not to become a brain surgeon." He paused a moment... then sat down. The end.

"Shane and I have had a falling out ever since he decided not to become a brain surgeon." Full speech.

I think it was supposed to be funny. I think. At least partly. Either way, second favorite wedding story.

No comments: