Tuesday, July 6, 2010


It was nice to (briefly) see Brett while we were in L.A. And it's too bad we didn't get to see his wife, Natasha.

Lately, I find myself thinking about their wedding (where I took this picture back in August 2005). They had an intimate little ceremony in the back yard of their old Brooklyn apartment. There were maybe ten people there, and everyone took part. One friend officiated. Another did the photography. And another friend played the processional music on a theramin. Now that I think about it, I may have been the only person there that didn't have a specific job (although I did generally try to make myself useful).

It's up there among my favorite weddings I've ever attended.

Our wedding will be a good three, three and a half hours away from our backyard and it won't exactly be small, but we're trying to incorporate some of the things we've seen and loved over the years. I hope we capture some of the sense of inclusiveness that Brett and Natasha had at their wedding. That feeling that we all play a part.

Ironically, Brett and Natasha won't be able to make it to the wedding. Maybe I'll have to come up with some long distance task for them perform.

3 comments:

Brett said...

You did have a job, just not at the ceremony. You helped throw my bachelor party. Which is to say you and me drinking four beers combined in my wife's aunt's apartment and going to sleep early.

Arnie said...

Any chance your aunt's apartment would be a available for my bachelor party? That Craftmatic Adjustable Bed was pretty awesome.

Jon said...

I recognize the guy officiating the wedding in this picture from the movie "In the Loop." He was good.