Monday, July 19, 2010


My co-worker, Poland, who telecommutes from Michigan, is in town this week. It’s nice to see him in person instead of just a face on one of the TV monitors he’s broadcast into the office through most of the time.

Actually, today someone was moving one of his TVs and dropped and shattered it. (“It’s like your home was destroyed!”)

When I first invited Poland to my wedding, we joked that if he couldn’t make it, we’d just set a TV at one of the tables and let him attend via webcam. Put a drink and a piece of cake in front of his screen and let people walk over and talk to him.

He’ll be there in person, though, which is better, if less funny.

Poland: At my wedding, a million years ago, my dad set up the camcorder to record the ceremony, but then forgot to take the lens cap off. So there’s no video.
Me: People really do that?
Poland: Yep. And at the reception, I put a friend, a guy from my old band, in charge of carrying the camcorder around. It was terrible. He spent half the time in the kitchen interviewing the waitstaff. So, we have no proof of any of it.

1 comment:

tamara said...

while he's in town, will you ask poland to please update his blog? i found it via yours and it used to crack me up tons.