Tuesday, May 18, 2010


An office pre-wedding party for my coworker, Chris, before he flies off to England tomorrow to prepare for the ceremonies. Is it still called a shower if it's for a guy?

Chris and I started at the company the same week, years back.

Chris: I'd like to thank everyone. This means a lot. I started working here, what... four... and a half years ago. When I first came here I was [laughs] sort of lost. I wandered the desert... for a day.

This part was actually literal. He took his first vacation to go out to Arizona and spend a week finding himself in the desert, until he figured out he was ill-prepared (not enough water) and came back early.

Chris: This job was the first big step in turning things around for me. And then the second was meeting Nimi.

Later, he had to leave work early to have his teeth whitened.

No comments: